Sunday, September 7, 2008

The History Center

I just got back from The History Center here in Ft. Wayne and I'm very glad I went. It really is a very nice museum, located in the former City Hall building, and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in history. I found some great information. Two things especially caught my attention. First, I was fascinated by the portrayal of Native American history in the area. This is something I hadn't read about in great detail on any of the websites or in any of the books I've been exploring, but now know I want to include in my final project. Also, it was very interesting to look at the old maps of the city. I don't consider where I live to be the edge of town, but on maps from the 1800s, where I now live was several miles outside the city. It was fun to make that personal connection!

No comments: