Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Books!

I went to the library in downtown Ft. Wayne today to look for some books about the history of Fort Wayne and found some great resources. Although I've only looked through them briefly in the last few hours, I'm beginning to get a better idea of what I want my final project to be. As I'm looking through my resources (both books and websites) I'm finding that I am more interested in looking at the pictures than reading the text. It really is true that a picture is worth a thousand words! I want my final project to be something that incorporates lots of pictures. At this point, I'm thinking of a PowerPoint presentation with pictures. If anyone has any other ideas of a way to utilize photos in my final project, let me know. I'm always open to new ideas.

1 comment:

Joe Pounds said...

You should consider including audio too. I have enjoyed listening to Tom Castaldi's Heritage Trail entries on NPR for years.

http://wbni.org/program_feature_finder.htm

Walking the Heritage Trail would be a great way to do some research too. Fort Wayne has a rich history, and a sad one in many ways. The Native Americans had quite a life here.

Joe Pounds